Re: [GNU-linux-libre] [gnu.org #871653] End of Ututo distro

From: Tobias Platen
Subject: Re: [GNU-linux-libre] [gnu.org #871653] End of Ututo distro
Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2013 22:43:51 +0100

On 21.11.2013 05:59, Ineiev via RT wrote:
> Forwarding to gnu-linux-libre and resolving the RT.
>
>> address@hidden - Wed Nov 20 13:27:33 2013]:
>> http://proyecto.ututo.net/cmsd/ (in Spanish)
>>
>> "Dear users, the UTUTO project that developed the first 100% libre
>> distribution announces that starting from December 1st 2013, it will
>> stop maintaining the official repositories with packages corresponding
>> to the ultimate version of the XS distribution, 2012.04.
>>
>> The development team and collaborators of Project UTUTO XS is thankful
>> for the support over all these years.
>>
>> Project UTUTO will keep researching and developing new techniques and
>> technologies to share with the Free Software community.
>>
>> Proyecto UTUTO XS - Proyecto UTUTO"

UTUTO is not the only unmaintained free distro, Musix seems to be
unmaintained too and the latest Dynebolic is two years old.

I think it is time to start a new free multimedia distro based on
Trisquel and Remastersys. It should come with a low latency / realtime
kernel by default. Some kind of a free Ubuntustudio replacement.

Tobias Platen