Re: [GNU-linux-libre] Why is BLAG still being recommended?

From: John Sullivan
Subject: Re: [GNU-linux-libre] Why is BLAG still being recommended?
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2014 16:29:36 -0500

Ineiev <address@hidden> writes:

> On 12/20/2013 04:56 PM, Julian wrote:
>> BLAG is currently recommended on
>> <https://www.gnu.org/distros/free-distros.html>. This doesn't make
>> sense to me, especially now that Ututo has been removed due to being
>> unmaintained.
>
> Recent discussion on blag-whereto suggests that BLAG is indeed a community
> without a real distribution [0].
>
> Should we ask RMS for an approval to remove the entry?
>
> [0] https://lists.aktivix.org/pipermail/blag-whereto/2014-January/002527.html

More important than the factual details about update frequency is what
the current intentions of the project maintainers are.

gNewSense also went a long time without a release and with a lot of
problems, but then it came back. Our ongoing support for them may have
helped.

What communication have we received from the maintainers, and have we
sent anything to them directly, asking what their plans are for getting
things up-to-date?

-john

GPG Key: 61A0963B | http://status.fsf.org/johns | http://fsf.org/blogs/RSS

<http://www.fsf.org/register_form?referrer=8096>.