Re: [GNU-linux-libre] Reviewing the GNU system for FSDG compliance

From: bob
Subject: Re: [GNU-linux-libre] Reviewing the GNU system for FSDG compliance
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2014 21:51:51 -0400

On 2014-07-22 19:03, Jason Self wrote:
Ludovic Courtès said:
There are still important limitations [1] that make it unsuitable as a
production system or for newcomers, but OK (and even pretty cool, I
dare say ;-)) as a hacker’s system.

So I wonder if now would be a good time to start reviewing it for FSDG
compliance.

WDYT?

The upcoming 0.7 seems to address the part about being bootable and
working on real hardware so it seems to make sense to move forward and
take a look at the rest. The limitations mentioned in that file
shouldn't be an issue IMO because, AFAIK, the GNU FSDG doesn't say
that a given system "must" have a GUI or that it "must" offer disk
encryption, etc. and being for advanced users seems fine.

I agree, libreCMC does not have a shiny GUI (most likely won't in the future).
I look forward to testing and auditing this release of guix.
--
Robert Call (Bob)
http://librecmc.org