[GNU-linux-libre] PSA on weak cryptography

From: Rubén Rodríguez
Subject: [GNU-linux-libre] PSA on weak cryptography
Date: Fri, 04 Dec 2015 16:19:13 -0500

Just a reminder for all distro maintainers and sysadmins to pay
attention to the cryptographic settings of programs included in free
distros, or being used in their respective project's infrastructure.

In particular, I think we should all analyze the use of weak
Diffie-Hellman Groups ("precomputed primes") and other DH related
vulnerabilities: https://weakdh.org/

For distros derived from others, make sure you are inheriting any
hardening that may come from upstream, and otherwise check the settings
for all the most common, security-sensitive packages. Feel free to share
in this thread what improvements you have implemented!

Quick and incomplete list of tools and documentation:

https://www.ssllabs.com/ssltest/
https://freakattack.com/
https://poodle.io/
http://heartbleed.com/