Re: [GNU-linux-libre] In search of FSDG certification

From: Henry Jensen
Subject: Re: [GNU-linux-libre] In search of FSDG certification
Date: Wed, 02 Mar 2016 07:56:13 +0100

Hello,

I think the name "FreeSlack" may be in conflict with the FSDG:

"We will not list a distribution whose name makes confusion with nonfree distributions likely. For example, if Foobar Light is a free distribution and Foobar is a nonfree distribution, we will not list Foobar Light. This is because we expect that the distinction between the two would be lost in the process of communicating the message.

In particular, the principal name of the free distribution (“Foobar”, in this example) should not be part of the name of any nonfree distribution."

Regards,

Henry