[GNU-linux-libre] seamonkey & thunderbird versus FSDG

From: Ivan Zaigralin
Subject: [GNU-linux-libre] seamonkey & thunderbird versus FSDG
Date: Fri, 05 Aug 2016 22:00:04 -0700

Dear Rubén and all of you folks, I have a hypothetical question.

I've been looking around for a FSDG-compliant versions of seamonkey and
thunderbird, and I am not finding anything current. Am I missing anything? It
occured to me that may be not that much has to be done. What do you think, if
we took, say, seamonkey, compiled it unbranded and changed "get new addons"
page so that it explains the situation (basically, go find your own free
addons), would that comply with FSDG? Just musing.