[GNU-linux-libre] ConnochaetOS 14.2 released

From: Henry Jensen
Subject: [GNU-linux-libre] ConnochaetOS 14.2 released
Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2016 16:44:46 +0200

I am proudly announcing ConnochaetOS 14.2, based on Slackware and Salix 14.2.
As always it contains only free/libre software as defined by the Free Software
Foundation (FSF). We are now using our own deblobbed Linux kernel, named
"kernel-free" based on the de-blobbing mechanism done by Debian GNU/Linux.

ConnochaetOS is a fully free/libre GNU/Linux distro for x86 computers with
limited resources, based on Slackware and Salix OS. “Fully free” means, that
ConnochaetOS does only contain free software and no proprietary, non-free
software, blobs or firmware. Non-free parts of the upstream distros were
removed and - where possible - replaced by free counterparts. ConnochaetOS
retains full backwards compatibility with Slackware and Salix OS.

You can get ConnochaetOS at https://connochaetos.org