[GNU-linux-libre] PureOS has its own website.

From: Francois Téchené
Subject: [GNU-linux-libre] PureOS has its own website.
Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2017 13:37:06 +0100

Hi,

This email to tell you that we have put together a new website dedicated
to PureOS only :

https://pureos.net

PureOS is still waiting for endorsement. We have fixed all the issues
reported by the FSF regarding the endorsement and our alpha 2 version as
well as our website should now be ready for endorsement of the OS. If
not, we will keep working on fixing the remaining issues.
Hopefully, endorsement will be a questions of days now.

I made the PureOS website myself and made sure that it is freedom
respecting as a website. It is accessible through HTTPS, it is Icecat
and Tor friendly. There is no javascript at all and the interactive top
menu that is displayed on small screens (mobile / tablets) is only made
of CSS (with the checkbox trick). At the moment it doesn't use any
backend (it is pure html), but I am also working on a small PHP backend
that would handle very simple freedom respecting templates as well as
translations. All following LibreJS rules for JavaScript usage. This
backend is not complete yet but it will be released under a GPLv3 license.

Don't hesitate to download and try PureOS! Your feedback is more than
welcome as we want this fully free distribution to be as user friendly
and freedom respecting as possible. It is not incompatible.

We get to a point where, in a global manner, the lack of freedom starts
to be less comfortable than the virtual comfort that is promoted by the
restrictions makers. More and more people feel concerned about privacy,
freedom and ethics in general. Most of them start to understand why free
software is so important (well, I am one of them). So many average users
don't feel "technical" enough to run a free OS like GNU/Linux, and so,
they just give up. We want to tell them that things are moving forward
in the world of freedom and that PureOS is as respectful of their
freedom and privacy as it is modern, full featured and easy to use by
everyone.

Please, spread the word!

Cheers,

--