Re: [GNU-linux-libre] gnu.org "Free GNU/Linux distributions" list update

From: André Silva
Subject: Re: [GNU-linux-libre] gnu.org "Free GNU/Linux distributions" list updates
Date: Sat, 5 Aug 2017 22:25:16 +0000

On 08/05/2017 06:04 PM, Félicien Pillot wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I also discovered very recently this distro, but have very few
> informations about it :
>
>  * Hyperbola
>     - https://www.hyperbola.info/
>     - seems to be a LTS version of Parabola

Hyperbola is not a LTS version of Parabola. It is a LTS version of Arch
based on Arch packages from 20170508 snapshot + Debian Stretch version
patches [0][1] + libre packages maintained by me and coadde from
Parabola when we were Parabola devs. We have our own blacklist [2] based
on Parabola, but which follows our Social Contract [3].

>     - first release on 2017-07-15
>     - IRC : irc://chat.freenode.net#hyperbola

> three days ago, but I haven't received any answer yet (I am not even
> sure this list is working)

Mailing lists, bug Tracker and forum are not working yet since we under
development with total focus to remove systemd support and use OpenRC as
our main one. We let you know when it is ready through our news from
Hyperbola main site.

[0]:https://www.hyperbola.info/about/
[1]:https://wiki.hyperbola.info/#what_is_hyperbola
[2]:https://git.hyperbola.info:50100/software/blacklist.git/