Re: [GNU-linux-libre] palemoon browser

From: ng0
Subject: Re: [GNU-linux-libre] palemoon browser
Date: Sat, 12 Aug 2017 19:28:03 +0000

Jason Self transcribed 0.4K bytes:
> Oh, and we also have similar efforts with things like GNU IceCat and
> Trisquel's Abrowser. It probably makes more sense to work together and
> not fragment efforts by starting yet another modified version of a
> Firefox-based browser.

I think there's a misunderstanding.

I'm only looking into making a package (as in: for operating systems,
from the perspective of a packager) with a minimal changes (could be
regarded as "patches") and adjusted settings so that this software
maybe is acceptable for us GNU systems.

I'm not looking into starting another project, I have more than I should
do already going on.

And Palemoon used to be firefox based, but it has since then diverged
and developed its own engine etc. This is why I was looking into it,
and curiosity.

I already have a working "New Moon" (Pale Moon branded 'unofficial') build.
--
ng0
GnuPG: A88C8ADD129828D7EAC02E52E22F9BBFEE348588