Re: [GNU-linux-libre] FreeSlack -> Freenix transition is done, awaiting

From: bill-auger
Subject: Re: [GNU-linux-libre] FreeSlack -> Freenix transition is done, awaiting review
Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2018 01:56:33 -0400

On Thu, 19 Jul 2018 10:52:18 -0700 Ivan wrote:
> It makes zero sense to duplicate the documentation

On Thu, 19 Jul 2018 10:52:18 -0700 Ivan wrote:
> Our wiki, which is the main source of documentation:

if the distro is technically identical to slackware then why would an entire
wiki be required to document it? - one would expect that the documentation that
is relevenat only to freenix but is not relevenat to slackware would be minimal
(perhaps a single mission statement page of the main site) - so why not just
refer users to the slackware documentation for everything?

if there is any conflict with the FSDG in this, i dont think it is the
confusion of affiliation, but the directing of users to a website that hosts
non-free software

a counter-point could be made that it is better to provide documentation as
complete as possible on the distro's own infrastructure to avoid referring
users to the slackware site for any reason