Re: [GNU-linux-libre] ungoogled chromium reported in Guix and unremoved

From: Dmitry Alexandrov
Subject: Re: [GNU-linux-libre] ungoogled chromium reported in Guix and unremoved after 8 months
Date: Sat, 12 Oct 2019 13:01:29 +0300

address@hidden wrote:
> On Fri, October 11, 2019 2:37 pm, Dmitry Alexandrov wrote:
>> Quiliro Ordóñez <address@hidden> wrote:
>>> This is a report I have received from some GNU libre distro hackers:
>>
>> What kind of delegation is it?  Why don’t they post here directly?
>
> The bug report had been filed on Guix 8 months ago and the other data has
> been addressed on this mailing list.

I’m afraid I missed the point of your answer, but don’t bother.  Let assume
that it was you who wrote it.

>>> This the bug report in Guix: http://issues.guix.gnu.org/issue/34565
>>
>>> I would like the FSF to take a stance on this immediately. I think a week
>>> is more than enough, considering that this issue has been analyzed before.
>>> I feel that a distro that has a freedom critical bug should not take such a
>>> long time delay to correct it.
>>
>> I skimmed through the bug report thread and the only question I have: why it
>> had not been closed 8 month ago.  All possible issues risen there seems to
>> be debunked.  Or did I missed something?
>
> Yes, the other links i gave.

The other link (the only one) is [0].  It was never mentioned in the bugreport,
as far as I see.  And I do not understand why it should be — the relevant part
of page it leads adds nothing to the issue.

[0] https://wiki.hyperbola.info/doku.php?id=en:main:chromiums_freedom_flaws