Re: [GNU-linux-libre] How to Get the kernel-specific source or configura

From: Luke
Subject: Re: [GNU-linux-libre] How to Get the kernel-specific source or configuration of the distribution without installation
Date: Sun, 24 Apr 2022 11:56:17 -0400

On 04/24/22 04:13, 孙滢 wrote:
> Hi,
> We are studying on the default value of Kernel Configuration items in each
> Linux mainstream distribution.
>
> May I ask if your distribution has the open kernel source website url(eg.
> git://git.launchpad.net/~ubuntu-kernel-test/ubuntu/+source/linux/+git/mainline-crackcod/mainline/v5.18-rc3)
>  ?
> Or directly the url of kernel configuration files (eg.
> https://github.com/KaOSx/core/blob/master/linux/config)?
> Or some other public way to get your distribution's kernel-specific
> configuration files on different kernel versions without installation?
>
> Thanks!

Each distro will be at a different location, but you can find the
GNU/Linux kernel configuration within the build scripts of the
distribution that you are checking as you have already discovered.

Some of the GNU/Linux-libre ones include:

Trisquel GNU/Linux:
https://packages.trisquel.info/etiona/kernel-package -->
[kernel-package_13.018+nmu1.tar.xz] ->
kernel-package-13.018+nmu1/kernel/config

Parabola GNU/Linux:
https://git.parabola.nu/abslibre.git/tree/libre/linux-libre/config.x86_64

Hyperbola GNU/Linux:
https://git.hyperbola.info:50100/packages/core.git/tree/linux-libre-lts/config.x86_64

Keep in mind all FSDG distros also use a custom/deblobbed kernel called
linux-libre: https://www.fsfla.org/ikiwiki/selibre/linux-libre/