Re: slashot ad

From: Tom Lord
Subject: Re: slashot ad
Date: Tue, 3 Sep 2002 20:09:47 -0700 (PDT)

   > Date: Tue, 3 Sep 2002 19:58:57 -0700 (PDT)
   > From: Tom Lord <lord@regexps.com>
   > cc: gnu-misc-discuss@gnu.org, lord@regexps.com

          > "A giant unblinking eye into ....
          >  ALL development activity"

   > Why is your company using advertising that tries to make facism into a
   > fashion statement?

To be more specific ---

as hackers, we work with dangerous materials.

Contingent privacy is essential.

The advertised objective of your SourceForge prodcut is to eliminate
that privacy.

To honorable hackers, a product with that objective is intolerable.

Taking a less extreme view:  there is considerable value in facilities
for coordination between loosely coupled projects.

Why is your focus authority, rather than cooperation?

-t