Re: Regarding MS Acess Project

From: Lewis Collard
Subject: Re: Regarding MS Acess Project
Date: Fri, 18 Apr 2003 01:30:17 +0100

Sandeep Randhawa <sands_in@yahoo.com> sed:
> Hi,
>
> [snip: micros~1 bashing.]
>
>    I know I should have known better. My question is,
> is it possible to GPL that project? Since I don't want
> to manage that project anymore and I only do
> opensource programming. I know it'll probably die
> anyways.

Yes.

>    Don't like MS .(Period) .
>
> Sandeep Randhawa MD

lewis

> On another note: Maybe I should write out a J2ee
> version of it.

Or avoid making your previous mistake and write an implementation
which can be compiled/run exclusively by free software; J2EE does
not fulfill this requirement, to my knowledge. Your choice, but
remember that Microsoft is a symptom, not the problem.

Further reading:

 http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/why-free.html
 http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/microsoft.html

--