Re: 1-Click, Short-Click, Long-Click, More-Clicks (New Microsoft Patent)

From: Barry Margolin
Subject: Re: 1-Click, Short-Click, Long-Click, More-Clicks (New Microsoft Patent)
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2004 09:12:56 -0400

In article <GE48A18838105.1460069444@Gilgamesh-Frog.org>,
 derelict@ihatespam.com.invalid (derelict) wrote:

> I've been thinking a lot lately about these new 3D screens that are just
> hitting the market. Under the current system, someone could patent all
> the ways 3D might be used in a GUI.

I remember seeing articles 10-15 years ago in CACM about 3D GUI ideas.
If there were occasional articles in such a general-purpose journal as
CACM, there certainly must have been *lots* of articles in the more
specialized journals on computer-human interaction.  So good luck
designing something that wouldn't be invalidated by the prior art in
those papers.

--
Barry Margolin, barmar@alum.mit.edu
Arlington, MA