Re: FSF taking money from outsourcers

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: FSF taking money from outsourcers
Date: 29 Apr 2004 01:15:22 +0200

darkred@myway.com (Snuffelluffogus) writes:

> You are such a poor debater.

If I am, I am probably trying to follow your example.

> > If they screwed up their jobs, those jobs would not substitute for
> > local jobs: since the work would still need to be done, the local
> > job would remain.
>
> Wrong. These workers are one tenth the cost and therefore there is
> ample money left over to redo bad work.

Well, then the job is not screwed up but done after all.

> > > A company that is born and nurtured and brought to fruition in a
> > > country has a debt to pay to that country and its people.
> >
> > That's why they are taxed.
>
> If you knew anything, you would know that in the USA about 70% of
> corporations used loopholes and offshore addresses to pay no taxes
> at all.

So the solution is to close the loopholes if those companies situated
in the USA and selling in the USA don't pay taxes there.

> So no, they have not fully paid their debt that way. They must keep
> the jobs onshore lest they act unethically.

I don't see why it is unethical to prefer to pay humans that do the
work simply because they are living in a different country.