Re: attacking FSF [Re: Paid trolls

From: Per Abrahamsen
Subject: Re: attacking FSF [Re: Paid trolls
Date: Thu, 06 May 2004 13:48:32 +0200

Russ Allbery <rra@stanford.edu> writes:

> As a result, I ineffeciently hoard resources that I could be
> donating to other causes in order to make sure that I'll be
> self-sufficient in the long term, whereas if we had a reliable and
> dependable social support structure that guaranteed everyone basic
> health care, shelter, and food, I'd feel much more comfortable
> donating a significantly higher percentage of my resources to
> charities.

You most likely don't "hoard resources", you save or invest money.
That doesn't make any real stuff disappear or be hidden.  Money aren't
ressources, they are power to influence how ressources are applied.
You can do at least as much good by applying that power on investments
as on charity.  The third world needs good investments more than
charity.