Re: FSF : lackeys of their corporate masters

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: FSF : lackeys of their corporate masters
Date: 06 May 2004 17:49:04 +0200

darkred@myway.com (Snuffelluffogus) writes:

> > Wait a minute - charging little for labour is evil, but charging a lot
> > for software is also evil???
>
> Monopoly is unfair and unethical and not in the interest of society,

Rubbish.  Monopoly is by no means unfair or unethical.  If I am the
only person offering painted excrements, I am not being unfair.  It is
detrimental to the free market (though arguably not necessarily
unfair, since everybody else could have come up with a similar
monopoly) to _leverage_ a position of monopoly in order to shut
competition out.  Microsoft has not been prosecuted because they are
being monopolists, but because of how they have maintained their
monopoly and harmed competitors.

> and by the same token

The only "same token" I can see here that it is being a topic of your
rants.

> dumping of labor for no money is also unethical and unfair to those
> who invested in making a profession of that kind of labor and not in
> the interest of society.

So you think that, say, an advance in knowledge and science is not in
the interest of society?  Because there are people that profit from
keeping everybody stupid?  And that public education is not in the
interest of society because private teachers get deprived of their
jobs?

> What's next, will I have to teach you basic arithmetic?

And dump teaching for no money?  Wouldn't that be unethical by you?

> These are obvious facts.

Spoken like a true child.  Facts are proven.  If they are obvious,
they are not facts.