Re: FSF : lackeys of their corporate masters

From: Martin Dickopp
Subject: Re: FSF : lackeys of their corporate masters
Date: Fri, 07 May 2004 10:35:37 +0200

John Hasler <john@dhh.gt.org> writes:

> Martin Dickopp writes:
>> I don't, simply because my 10+ years old CD player cannot play the
>> "copy protected" (i.e. deliberately not CDDA standard compliant) CDs
>> sold nowadays.

Addition: According to the recently changed copyright law in my country,
"copy protected" CDs have to be marked as such, so at least there is no
longer the risk to discover /after/ buying that the CD can only be used
as a coaster.

> Some independent musicians sell CDs at their concerts.  These are not
> likely to be "protected".

That doesn't help me.  If I had to travel to concerts to buy a CD, I'd
also prefer not to buy it at all.

Martin