Re: FSF : lackeys of their corporate masters

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: FSF : lackeys of their corporate masters
Date: 07 May 2004 13:08:54 +0200

darkred@myway.com (Snuffelluffogus) writes:

> That is why today artists talk about attaching a contract to every
> piece of artwork they sell, so that every subsequent resale results
> in a percentage to them, or if they die then to their estate or
> someone in need. And this is just.

Ok, it is just if money gets taken from people and given to "someone
in need" that had nothing to do with the creation of the work in
question.  But it is unethical if somebody gives something to someone
in need because he feels like it.

It would be unjust to give money to a beggar, but it would be just if
the beggar used a gun to force me to fork my money over?

I am afraid that I don't want to live in a world rules by your kind
of justice.