GNU Enterprise (was: FSF : lackeys of their corporate masters)

From: Reinhard Mueller
Subject: GNU Enterprise (was: FSF : lackeys of their corporate masters)
Date: Fri, 07 May 2004 17:19:10 +0200

Am Fre, den 07.05.2004 schrieb Bernd Jendrissek um 15:52:
> GNU Enterprise?
>
> Although I'm not sure that's a *counter* example to your claim!  (Last
> time I checked the screenshots were nice, but it Just Wouldn't Play with
> me.  I just gave up after one too many instances of "Oh, just edit
> /usr/local/python/this.that and edit the md5sum of the third key of the
> section in the part behind the chair".

I'm sorry to hear this. We've been working hard on making things work
out of the box over the last months, maybe you might want to try again
someday.

However, I think I have to make clear that by now GNU Enterprise only
provides a set of tools like a forms builder, a report generator and an
application server, but not any full-blown end-user packages like
accounting or invoicing.
OTOH, the tools are getting into a state now where one could start with
these packages.

Thanks,
Reinhard