Re: defensive publishing for medical ideas?

From: Joern Rennecke
Subject: Re: defensive publishing for medical ideas?
Date: Mon, 10 May 2004 22:37:19 +0100 (BST)

> I would guess a well-known medical journal would be the best place.

As in, a reader's letter?
I doubt there is another way to get published there as a layperson.

> Or you could patent it yourself, but license it for free.  This could be
> expensive, but maybe you could find some like-minded samaritans to share
> the costs.

That's not only expensive, but also requires to wrap up the entire
idea in legalese.  And I suppose I'd also acting in bad faith patenting
something I consider obvious.
I suppose it'd be easier to write an SF story of a world where this stuff
has been patented and the patent holders get overthrown by a revolution...
but then again, what would be a good way to publish it...