Re: GPL Software Gold Standard

From: Alexander Terekhov
Subject: Re: GPL Software Gold Standard
Date: Wed, 12 May 2004 15:25:23 +0200

Martin Dickopp wrote:
[...]
> http://www.zero-based.org/usenet/gnu.misc.discuss-20040512001.txt

I won't give you a link (that message contains a lot of
misunderstandings of copyright in general and software copyright
in particular). I'll just quote McOrmond. <quote> One of the
problems I find with the GPL is that it is written more like a
manifesto to explain why it exists rather than to use traditional
license terminology.  While this is great in explaining the
principles of the GNU project, it makes understanding it in
connection with the laws and case-law of any given country just
that much harder. </quote> Now it's link time.

http://www.ifross.de/ifross_html/art35.pdf