Re: When Will GNU/Linux Be Ready for Joe User?

From: Alan Connor
Subject: Re: When Will GNU/Linux Be Ready for Joe User?
Date: Wed, 19 May 2004 08:05:59 GMT

On 18 May 2004 18:43:49 -0700, Simon <some_spare_id@yahoo.com> wrote:

> I'm doing a survey.
>
> When do you think GNU/Linux will be ready for the average Joe?  What
> obstacles must it overcome first?

I personally don't care if it ever is. To compete with Windoze is to
become like Windoze, and I don't see the point in that.

I wouldn't touch such a distro with a ten-foot pole.
Wouldn't support them in any way.

(Redsnot and Mandork come to mind here)

If I wanted to run Windoze, I'd run Windoze.

AC

--
A mouse is a little furry creature that likes cheeese.