Re: Why Don't 'We' Talk about XML ???

From: Ministry Of Jute
Subject: Re: Why Don't 'We' Talk about XML ???
Date: Wed, 19 May 2004 17:44:31 GMT

Stefan Monnier wrote:

Right.  readability is only mentioned as part of

   XML documents should be human-legible and reasonably clear.

and only after

   XML shall be compatible with SGML.

Yes, but come on. We are talking about a document that in many ways can replace the use of SQL databases. An XML document is far more readable than a binary database file -- wouldn't you say ?

so I doubt readability played a significant role in the design: most of the
"not too bad" readability comes from SGML and so does the cruft that makes
it not so hot readbility-wise.

        Stefan