Re: When Will GNU/Linux Be Ready for Joe User?

From: John Smith
Subject: Re: When Will GNU/Linux Be Ready for Joe User?
Date: Wed, 19 May 2004 19:29:11 GMT

:) that would be a nice experiment with your sister and her children.
let me know how it works.

limited experience shouldn't be a problem for any tinkerer. if you've
learned how to use linux you're that much ahead. some of the windows
programmers i know (not to disparage them or anything) are so used to the
tools they use out of the box that any features that aren't "out" by default
aren't used that much or known at all at times.

i started out feeling like i had limited experience too (which i actually
did)... that didn't stop me from getting a job and honestly being a good
employee, and most importantly good at what i do. so that shouldn't keep you
from doing whatever you want to do... career-wise.

good luck.

pan.2004.05.19.12.58.39.999450.7765@ship.aol.com">news:pan.2004.05.19.12.58.39.999450.7765@ship.aol.com...