Re: GPL license

From: Rui Miguel Seabra
Subject: Re: GPL license
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2004 09:56:22 +0100

On Wed, 2004-06-23 at 04:24 -0400, yzhang1@tjhsst.edu wrote:
>    Even though GNU is not a legal entity and can't really enforce its rules,
> I think it's time that it starts doing something about such blatant
> violations.

One can only do something if one is the copyright holder.
That's one of the reasons the FSF asks for copyright assignment on GNU
projects.

Other than that, they might be available as expert witness.

As for changes to the GNU GPL, remember the advises usage implies
forward compatibility.
That plus software always being Free makes it a complicated scenario for
making changes. They must be extremely well thought, because incresing
something in a legal document increases the chances that there can be a
loophole unseen due to complexity.

Hugs, Rui