Re: Suse 9.1 infested with bugs. Proposal.

From: linuxuser
Subject: Re: Suse 9.1 infested with bugs. Proposal.
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2004 17:41:51 -0000

Proposal:
   suggest that a test checklist be devellopped, and published.
So whe a new distro is out, we need know what has been tested annd
how, and by whom.

There is race for releasing the latest kernel, etc... for distros.
Unfortunatly this has often been at the detriment of quality, and I
have been unsatisfied with a few distros on this account.

Actually in spite of all the reactions created, Red Hat has been quite
right:
Lots of people tested and worked on Fedora, when a certain level of
quality is reached, then a "stable" version is released.

This satisfy both the users for the bleeding edge, and the ones for a
stable platform.
I would call Fedora Core 2 a real success.
I would call this strategy a real success, also.
And the ones integrating all the small changes, as well as fixes on
the install programs, and documentation should be the distro "owner"
(SUSE, RedHat, etc...).

A note to SUSE:
 Your distro has been one the very best, you have set the standard to
a high level, so do not expect us to lower the bar...
  Linuxuser.
=========