Re: Gates Patents Flipping a Light Switch

From: Shmuel (Seymour J.) Metz
Subject: Re: Gates Patents Flipping a Light Switch
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2004 17:42:37 -0000

begin  In <x5wu2fe2u5.fsf@lola.goethe.zz>, on 06/10/2004
   at 07:32 PM, David Kastrup <dak@gnu.org> said:

>Uh, you are forgetting one thing: everyone else has the option of
>buying a licence from you.  That's the whole point in the first
>place.

In what country? Certainly in the USA the Constitution has a *VERY*
different point for copyrights and patents. A point that is trampled
roughshod when patents are granted for things that are obvious to
practitioners and that are prior art. To say nothing of thumbing noses
at the word "limited".

Unsolicited bulk E-mail will be subject to legal action.  I reserve
the right to publicly post or ridicule any abusive E-mail.

Reply to domain Patriot dot net user shmuel+news to contact me.  Do
not reply to spamtrap@library.lspace.org