Re: The worst that can happen to GPLed code

From: Alexander Terekhov
Subject: Re: The worst that can happen to GPLed code
Date: Sat, 19 Jun 2004 18:43:54 +0200

Stefaan A Eeckels wrote:
[...]
> Does the copyright owners of the components of a
> compilation also have the right prevent the production
> of a compilation, like they have for derivative works?

That depends on what you mean by "production", I guess. There's no
exclusive right to prepare compilations. I may violate reproduction
rights... but only if I don't own sufficient number of lawfully
owned copies included in the compilations that I've prepared and
want to distribute. Corrections are welcome.