Re: The worst that can happen to GPLed code

From: Alexander Terekhov
Subject: Re: The worst that can happen to GPLed code
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2004 12:22:22 +0200

Martin Dickopp wrote:
[...]
> Excellent.  He has never lost a single case ...

Give me a break. His track record in court as awful. Bluffing is the
game.

http://www.newsforge.com/software/03/10/30/1927210.shtml?tid=150&tid=151&tid=82

"I believe that the legitimate problems of the free software community
 and the equally serious problems of the parties who are concerned about
 the regulatory consequences of their product designs are being studied
 in the appropriate way by all parties. "

How nice. And the GPL section 4 simply doesn't apply because "problems
are being studied", I guess.

"It is well known that the Free Software Foundation does not hold
 copyright in the Linux system kernel program. "

Liar.

http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/sco/sco-v-ibm.html

"The Foundation notes that despite the alarmist statements SCO's
 employees have made, the Foundation has not been sued, nor has SCO,
 despite our requests, identified any work whose copyright the
 Foundation holds-including all of IBM's modifications to the kernel
 for use with IBM's S/390 mainframe computers, assigned to the
 Foundation by IBM--that SCO asserts infringes its rights in any way."