Re: Operating systems are not religions (you fools)

From: Ringo Langly
Subject: Re: Operating systems are not religions (you fools)
Date: 28 Jun 2004 06:17:11 -0700

darkred@myway.com (Snuffelluffogus) wrote in message
news:<5f063e31.0406261251.579aa014@posting.google.com>...
> rlangly@gmail.com (Ringo Langly) wrote in message
>
> > Hi... I agree with you, but being a heavy advocate of Linux or any
> > other OS is no different then a car nut being a fan with Ford or Chevy
>
> Not really, it's a conflict between capitalists who tend toward fascism
> and a mix of people who oppose the system, the loudest being a bunch
> of really dumb libertarians.
>
> > I think your boss's comment about changing religion was simply a pun
> > and not something to be taken literally though.
>
> Sounds to me like the boss was either mentally ill ;) or just maybe
> or it was one of those new "aggressive interviews" that people in
> Silly-Con valley are complaining about.

What OS you use and advocate has _NOTHING_ to do with your political
or religious views.  I don't follow any specific political party, but
vote for who I think the best candidate is -- sometimes that Democrat,
sometimes Republican, sometimes neither.  I use this method in all
aspects of life -- I choose what I think is best and run with it.
>From my choice of breakfast cereal to my choice of operating system.
Bottom line is choice and nothign force-fed, which is what everyone
(from Microsoft to the US Government) seems to be trying to eliminate.

At any rate, I choose Linux, so I advocate Linux.  Some might not
agree, but that's what makes the world interesting :)

- Ringo -