Re: Operating systems are not religions (you fools)

From: Therion Ware
Subject: Re: Operating systems are not religions (you fools)
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2004 17:16:44 +0100

 On Thu, 24 Jun 2004 15:54:07 GMT in alt.atheism, John (John
<nospam@127.0.0.1>) said, directing the reply to gnu.misc.discuss
alt.atheism

>Therion Ware wrote:
>

>>  On 24 Jun 2004 02:43:28 -0700 in alt.atheism, TuxTrax
>> (arctic@tuxtrax.com (TuxTrax)) said, directing the reply to
>> alt.atheism
>>

>>>iain_inkster@hotmail.com (Iain) wrote in message

>>>You are a Mac man waiting to happen. Once you've had Mac, you never go
>>>back :-)
>>
>> Depends what you want to do with your computer.
>>
>> IMO and generally speaking you should choose your OS according to the
>> apps you want to use. I do a lot of video work, and use a G4 Cube if I
>> want to do high quality QT, but for most other kind of video Win2000
>> Pro does nicely *simply because* there are more, cheaper and better
>> apps available that work under that OS. And then there's the matter of
>> spare parts, service and expansion. Expanding a Mac - while it isn't
>> the nightmare it used to be - is still more expensive than expanding a
>> PC. And Linux is out of the question for video, because there the
>> choice of well developed apps in that domain is practically
>> non-existent. .. Maybe in the next 5 - 10 years.... But if I want a
>> dedicated comms server, Linux isn't too shabby.
>>

>Have you ever tried this: http://heroinewarrior.com/cinelerra.php3

No. Looks nice. Shame about the QT support though. On the other hand
the render-farm idea looks *real* nice. Cleaner was ludicrously
expensive in that regard. Might well give it a whirl.
--
"Do Unto Others As You Would Have Them Do Unto You."
- Attrib: Pauline Reage.