Re: Does IBM REALLY support Linux?

From: Shmuel (Seymour J.) Metz
Subject: Re: Does IBM REALLY support Linux?
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2004 11:02:03 -0300

begin  In <srKzc.2117$0b.2331349@news4.srv.hcvlny.cv.net>, on
06/15/2004
   at 10:08 PM, Stephan Simonsen <coffin_bagger@yahoo.com> said:

>If IBM is truly an honest Linux supporter why are IBM's web pages
>plastered with:

>"IBM Recommends Microsoft Windows XP Professional"

Because m$ charges them more for windoze licenses than if they don't.

>Two faced IBM is nothing but a gigantic parasitic opportunist and I
>don't buy the bullshit that Microsoft is forcing them to put that on
>their websties.

You don't have to buy it; read the transcripts from the trial.

>IBM could buy Microsoft if it wanted to.

No.

>The real reason IBM puts that on their web pagaes is because they
>want to sell products and if they put "IBM Recommends Linux" their
>sales would drop to zero.

ROTF,LMAO!

Unsolicited bulk E-mail will be subject to legal action.  I reserve
the right to publicly post or ridicule any abusive E-mail.

Reply to domain Patriot dot net user shmuel+news to contact me.  Do
not reply to spamtrap@library.lspace.org