Re: Question about the GPL copyright notice and the statement of copying

From: Carthik
Subject: Re: Question about the GPL copyright notice and the statement of copying permission not being included in all the source files of a product.
Date: 1 Jul 2004 08:53:09 -0700

David Kastrup <dak@gnu.org> wrote in message
> You own a book if you acquire it from somebody who owns it.  Not
> because there is some small print in the book that tells you that you
> own it.
David, thank you for the comments, but a repeated them in your
statements are that the license is what the provider "told" me. Now
are we talking about verbal, voiced agreements? I thought the presence
of the headers and the license.txt together constitute the license,
and they are what the author of the software uses to "tell" me what
conditions he gives me the software in.

I can think of elucidating on the book example you gave me, but I
truly beleive that A Good Analogy is like A Tall Color.