Re: i bought a walmart cheapie

From: JEDIDIAH
Subject: Re: i bought a walmart cheapie
Date: Fri, 02 Jul 2004 16:12:04 -0500

["Followup-To:" header set to comp.os.linux.advocacy.]
On 2004-07-02, Diogenes <diogenes@sinope.org.net.com> wrote:
> Ivan Marsh wrote:
>> On Thu, 01 Jul 2004 13:45:04 +0000, nobod wrote:
>>
>>> Even Outlook and IE are perfectly safe on a properly admined system.
>>
>> Properly admined system: locked in closet, turned off.
>
> Just because /YOU/ don't know how ("linux makes you stupid") doesn't mean it
> can't be done.

It's a consumer product. The only effort that should be required to
generate a "properly admined" system would be to turn it on.

Anything is is obviously unsuitable for the target market.

Granny doesn't have an SCSA certificate.

--
It is not true that Microsoft doesn't innovate.

        They brought us the email virus.

        In my Atari days, such a notion would have             |||
        been considered a complete absurdity.                 / | \