Re: Use of GPL'd code with proprietary programs

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Use of GPL'd code with proprietary programs
Date: 06 Jul 2004 22:38:35 +0200

> David Kastrup wrote:
> [...]
> > Which must be why the incoming payments from GPL violation settlings
> > have been on the rise continually.
>
> Details? (absurdity of the underlying argument aside for a moment)

As if you ever were impressed by facts.

<URL:http://www.linuxbusinessweek.com/story/34553.htm>
<URL:http://lwn.net/Articles/73848/>

<URL:http://lwn.net/Articles/71418/>
[...]

    As part of the aggreement, Allnet will make a significant donation
    to two tax-exempt non-for-profit organizations established under
    german law: The Free Software Foundation Europe
    (http://www.fsfeurope.org/), and the Foundation of a Free
    Information Infrastructure (http://www.ffii.org/).

<URL:http://www.netfilter.org/news/2004-03-02-fsc-gpl.html>
[...]
    As part of the aggreement, FSC will show their support for the
    free software community by offering significant sponsorship to an
    international Linux conference known as 'Linux Kongress'
    (http://www.linux-kongress.org/), as well as a donation to the
    Free Software Foundation Europe (http://www.fsf-europe.org/).

One hears more about these kinds of settlements lately.  Unless one
happens to be "lalala, I can't hear you" Terekhov, of course,