Re: Don't Waste Your Time With Linux

From: R.F. Pels
Subject: Re: Don't Waste Your Time With Linux
Date: Wed, 07 Jul 2004 18:45:20 +0200

Lamar Rustin wrote:

> After enduring years of painful computing with Windows I decided to spring
> for SUSE Professional at $109.00 on Amazon. All I can say is DON'T waste
> your money on this pile of half completed garbage. I have a mainstream
> Asus P4P800 Deluxe Intel mother board and virtually nothing on this board
> worked. My RAID controller, a VIA 6410 did not work. Sound did not work.
> The giga ethernet did not work. SATA did not work. My scanner was not
> supported (Canon). My printer was not supported (Lexmark). My mouse extra
> buttons do not work (Logitech).

And my advice to you is to refrain from slander if you didn't do your
homework first. If and how and why your stuff is or is not supported is
easily findable on the internet, and I bet you didn't take the time to
inform yourself if your hardware was supported or not.

> My advice is to avoid Linux all together and use Windows XP because at
> least it works with all my hardware.

So, until you learn to inform yourself beforehand, I'm advising you to keep
your slanderous mouth shut, troll.

--
Ruurd
.o.