Re: Use of GPL'd code with proprietary programs

From: Arnoud Engelfriet
Subject: Re: Use of GPL'd code with proprietary programs
Date: Wed, 7 Jul 2004 19:54:19 +0200

Alexander Terekhov wrote:
> Arnoud Engelfriet wrote:
> [...]
> > It would be a lot better for everyone if ther was some definite
> > ruling one way or the other. So we need someone to be the
> > test case. Unfortunately, you'll have a hard time finding someone.
>
> Would this insurance (I'm just paying and paying and no one sues me ;-) )
>
> http://www.wgv-online.de/__pdf/9000-1001-arb.pdf
>
> cover it?

You'll need to speak with your insurance people to determine
if you're covered. My reading of section 3(2)(d) is that
copyright infringement lawsuits are excluded from this policy.

I have yet to see a legal insurance policy that covers
intellectual property related lawsuits.

Arnoud

--
Arnoud Engelfriet, Dutch patent attorney - Speaking only for myself