Re: Use of GPL'd code with proprietary programs

From: Lee Hollaar
Subject: Re: Use of GPL'd code with proprietary programs
Date: Sun, 11 Jul 2004 12:57:57 +0000 (UTC)

In article <x58ydqaift.fsf@lola.goethe.zz> David Kastrup <dak@gnu.org> writes:
>hollaar@faith.cs.utah.edu (Lee Hollaar) writes:
>
>> In article <x5vfguan46.fsf@lola.goethe.zz> David Kastrup <dak@gnu.org>
>> writes:
>> >
>> >man dlopen.  No symbols are resolved by dlopen in the caller.
>>
>> man dlopen.  From the header on every page, at least on my system:
>> "Dynamic Linking Library Functions                     dlopen(3DL)"
>
>That must be about the most relevant part of a manual page imaginable.

Perhaps it gives some idea about what the creators of dlopen(), dlsym(),
and dlclose() thought their purpose was.  Or maybe people guess that
from the "dl" at the start of each function name.  (Hint: it probably
doesn't stand for "dumb luck".)

Or maybe not everybody agrees with your particular definition of what
dynamic linking requires ...