Re: Question About GNU General Public License

From: telford
Subject: Re: Question About GNU General Public License
Date: Sun, 18 Jul 2004 08:22:16 -0000

Rui Miguel Seabra <rms@1407.org> wrote:

> Oh really? Then why doesn't the program fullfil its purpose without the
> library, either at compile time or at run time?

Why doesn't your computer operating system fullfil its purpose without the
microcode in the keyboard controller? Must be that your entire OS is a
derivative work of the keyboard controller. Plug in a different keyboard
and your OS changes to a different license. Perhaps I'd better stop smoking
so much Piers Ackerman.

        - Tel