Re: Question About GNU General Public License

From: Rui Miguel Seabra
Subject: Re: Question About GNU General Public License
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2004 08:12:26 +0100

On Thu, 2004-07-22 at 00:02 +0000, wrote:
> Rui Miguel Seabra <rms@1407.org> wrote:
>
> > One thing is duplication. In the digital world, you achieve 100%
> > duplication WITHTOUT any loss of the original. Like ideas, because it's
> > just as immaterial.
>
> OK, lets focus on duplication, bacteria duplicate without information loss.

But you didn't talk about the self duplication of cells, but of
contagion, which is normally the loss of some amount of the agent on the
host that is enough to infect the new host.

You're still talking about different things.

> > To duplicate you may have to spend some energy, but you have not done so
> > at the cost of the original.
>
> Yup, bacteria require input energy to be able to reproduce. After reproduction
> the resulting bacteria are fully functional and undamaged.
>
> > The original is 100% intact.
>
> Completely true of bacteria as well.

Not true. It breaks a basic law of physics, all is energy, nothing is
created nothing is lost.

Rui

+ So let's do it...?