Re: Question About GNU General Public License

From: Momchil Velikov
Subject: Re: Question About GNU General Public License
Date: 2 Aug 2004 23:21:02 -0700

Alexander Terekhov <terekhov@web.de> wrote in message
news:<410EB320.A6B39474@web.de>...
> Momchil Velikov wrote:
> [...]
> > Only if the transfer of the copy to my site is accompanied by a
> > destruction of the copy at your site. 17 USC Sec.109, Herr Terekhov :)
>
> For each copy you'll get, one will go to /dev/null on my side. I
> hope you won't insist on seeing all those shredded electrons. ;-)

No, no, no. The original from which that copy of mine is maid must go
to the bit bucket.  Which is not very easy I suppose.  I guess what
you can do is (say during an FTP transfer):

  a) copy a disk block to main memory and from there to the NIC buffer
(this is merely a display, as the memory is volatile :D)
  b) delete the disk block
  c) kick the card to transmit

Or you can send me the disk.  Note that you can't copy the work to a
diskette and then send me the diskette, because you can't copy.