Re: Needed... an automated mechanism for making boston city council publ

From: MJ Ray
Subject: Re: Needed... an automated mechanism for making boston city council public notices more universally available.
Date: 15 Aug 2004 14:07:54 GMT

Don Saklad <dsaklad@nestle.csail.mit.edu> wrote:
> Would any of you nice folks set it up or pass along the do it yourself
> expertise for a neophyte without the mastery about how to do it...

Incoming mail handling: probably mailutils or modules for your fave
scripting language (I like PLT Scheme, www.plt-scheme.org)

Limited automated doc -> plain conversion: antiword, wv

Newsserver: Probably sn or leafnode would do if you can't use an existing one.

Mail -> weblog (xhtml or RSS feeds) could be automated with MaBloss
from: http://mjr.towers.org.uk/mabloss.html and I'll answer questions
if emailed.

I have other tools for playing with this sort of thing if you want
them. I prepare newsletters commercially and have developed them just
to help myself. I'm the only user of things like my webmonitor that
spits out rfc2822 (suitable for emailing or converting with MaBloss),
so development stopped when it would take more time than it saves me.
They'll not even get packaged until someone wants them.

I hope that points you in the right direction. Really, I only have the
toolkit parts, but each job with this is going to be different, I suspect.