Re: Outsourcing issue flares up at Stanford chip conference

From: 7
Subject: Re: Outsourcing issue flares up at Stanford chip conference
Date: Sat, 28 Aug 2004 00:23:18 GMT

David Fabian wrote:

> "David Fabian" <david.m.fabian@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
>> "ziliath" <ziliath@myway.com> wrote in message
>> 6b963d7f.0408271436.27169a99@posting.google.com">news:6b963d7f.0408271436.27169a99@posting.google.com...
>> > http://www.infoworld.com/article/04/08/24/HNoutsourcingissue_1.html
>>
>> Excerpt:
>>
>>     "I think outsourcing is good for Americans, it creates jobs in
>>     America," said T. J. Rodgers, founder, president and chief executive
>>     officer of Cypress Semiconductor Corp.
>>
>> He is either a liar or a complete idiot, who would give away his money,
>> while thinking he is getting richer.
>
> Right.  And breathing causes suffocation, drinking water makes you
> thirsty, sitting on a hot stove gives you frostbite, ... I guess he needs
> a boot up his ass so he can take a good shit.

You have to spend money to make money and each amount
spent has to be efficiently spent, which in times gone
by would have meant investing in USA, but not any more.

Its no different to printing monopoly money and handing it
to these wingers. It ain't gonna bring those jobs back.

Times are changing and you change with it or fuck off die.

This vicious anti-social campaign against outsourcing
must stop and everyone affected restructure - not keep
asking for handouts after handouts and a protected
market - thats just commies in disguise policy
- because that money comes from tax payers
and tax payers can expect value for money in how
it is spent. If it is squandered through the activities
of a vocal minority, it will damage businesses, government
and the general tax payer because all around them the
products these over paid developers are going to be producing
funded from this gravy train
will make the companies and organisations they work for
highly inefficient and uncompetitive compared to the
rest of the world and unable to compete in the real world.

All companies would like to charge more because they
can earn more, if they don't outsource,
but the reality is that any product
they develop will not be competitive in the global
market, and they will not be able to adapt to the
changes that are coming on time, and they as good as
dead when they have to face real competition in the
global market.

Steel, clothing, cars, etc were all once made in USA, but
the bulk of that is made elsewhere because the dick heads
didn't spend the money to restructure and make themselves
able to compete.

Before replying, remember, flat screens costing
US$20,000 and made in USA is available
if any dickhead wants to buy because there are
laws to protect America's consumers from
those nasty $199 LCD makers from supplying the same thing.