Re: Outsourcing issue flares up at Stanford chip conference

From: michael douglas
Subject: Re: Outsourcing issue flares up at Stanford chip conference
Date: 3 Sep 2004 20:04:14 -0700

Zalek Bloom <ZalekBloom@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:<pan.2004.08.28.01.51.13.31994@hotmail.com>...
> On Fri, 27 Aug 2004 23:24:18 +0000, David Fabian wrote:
>
> > "ziliath" <ziliath@myway.com> wrote in message
> >> http://www.infoworld.com/article/04/08/24/HNoutsourcingissue_1.html
> >
> > Excerpt:
> >
> >     "I think outsourcing is good for Americans, it creates jobs in America,"
> >     said T. J. Rodgers, founder, president and chief executive officer of
> >     Cypress Semiconductor Corp.
> >
> > He is either a liar or a complete idiot, who would give away his money,
> > while thinking he is getting richer.
>
> I think he is right - replacing American workers by cheap foreign
> workers (called outsourcing) is excellent for America - for
> rich America. Replacing American $80k/year engineer by $5k Indian engineer
> saves corporation $75k/year -
Wrong Gloom,
Check out management salary rise or for that matter the oft-fabled ceo
compensation rise(the farters only quote stock options(not the
exercise date) in
calculationg compensation)
And this MEANS a $99 DVD player, BTW most indian engineers are in the
$12k-20k
range...and eastern europeans including poles are CHEAPER than indians
in salary $7k average...