Re: What's the status of sourceless live linux distros?

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: What's the status of sourceless live linux distros?
Date: Sat, 09 Oct 2004 17:33:33 +0200

> David Kastrup wrote:
> [...]
>> Since when can you "barr" a unilateral permission?
>
> Doctrines bar infringement claims, stupid.

But the infringement claim is not a GPL infringement claim, but a
copyright infringement claim.

The claim is spelled out "I gave you unilateral permission not to be
bound by copyright law if you obey the GPL.  You chose not to, so you
are bound by copyright law.  And you infringed upon the standard rules
set by copyright law without having any permission to do so."

That's it.  Simple as that.  The infringement is on the copyright, not
the GPL.