NYC LOCAL: Saturday 16 October 2004 NYCBUG: Eric Allman of Sendmail and

From: secretary
Subject: NYC LOCAL: Saturday 16 October 2004 NYCBUG: Eric Allman of Sendmail and Kirk McKusick of BSD UNIX
Date: 15 Oct 2004 21:30:50 -0400

  what="official NYCBUG announcement">

 Subject: [Announce-nycbug] NYC*BUG: Details on Kirk McKusick

 For those who haven't seen the news yet, the details for the Kirk
 McKusick meeting on Saturday, October 16th have been set.

 The meeting will be at 2 pm at Columbia University, in the Mathematics
 Building in Room 312.

 You can reach Columbia University by taking the 1/9 train to
 116th/Broadway.  A map of the campus is available on www.nycbug.org.

 Eric Allman of Sendmail will be opening the meeting with a presentation
 on the sender id issue.

 After that, Kirk will be speaking on the history of BSD UNIX, touching
 on many of the current technical issues of the day.

 This is a must-see meeting that we are all looking forward to.  There
 will be a raffle for books and Computer Book Works gift certificates,
 and some additional books for sale.

 A number of people are coming from far away to see this meeting,
 including as far away as Ottawa, Canada.

 We look forward to seeing you at the meeting.

 George