This News Group Status and SPAM

From: Rob Emmons
Subject: This News Group Status and SPAM
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2004 07:41:47 -0600

All,

What is the story with the gnu.misc.discuss group these days. It seems to
have been taken over by SPAM.

Also, why has the number of treads really dropped off.  Has everyone moved
to another forum, or is SPAM scaring everyone away? I know it did me for
awhile.  I just spend the last hour locking all the spam out of my reader.

Can we do something about this from the server side???!!!!

Rob